Upon completion of this course(s), participants will be able to:
1. Recognize indications, precautions and contraindications for immobilization and mobilization splinting of the upper extremity
2. Analyze mechanical properties required to fabricate low temperature thermoplastic immobilization and mobilization splints for the upper extremity.
3. Compare and contrast splinting materials, outrigger/ and or coil designs of immobilization and mobilization splints.
4. Identify important anatomical structures and landmarks of the upper extremity.
5. Analyze key characteristics of splinting materials for fabrication of specific splints.
6. Gain fabrication skills utilizing different splinting materials.