Ann Zylstra, PT will present her amazing course on Parkinson’s Disease. Parkinson’s Disease patients have a multitude of symptoms and challenges that often require involvement of a team of medical professionals throughout their lives. Ann offers updated information and tricks/tips on successful symptom management for her patients and course attendees alike.
Parkinson’s Disease Update:
Practical and Evidence-Based Rehabilitation
Presenter: Ann Zylstra, PT
Please contact us if you would like to host this course!
Contact Hours: 11
Who should attend?: This course is appropriate for occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, physical therapists, and physical therapy assistants with all levels of experience. Areas of interest: Home health, inpatient, SNF, and outpatient-based practices.
Click here for Online Registration:
Parkinson’s Disease: Practical and Evidence-Based Rehabilitation
Ann Zylstra, PT is presenting on her favorite course topic: Parkinson’s Disease. This is an evidence-based course focusing on the most current treatments and rehabilitation strategies for Parkinson’s disease. Ann has been involved since the inception of the Booth Gardner Parkinson Center in Kirkland, WA. Participant feedback has been outstanding! Attendees are drawn to this topic because they also love treating these patients in the clinic or they are looking for more information to help guide family members and friends. Whatever motivates you to take this course, you will leave feeling enriched with practical information that can be used on Monday!
Goals and Objectives:
Upon Completion of the course attendees will:
- Recognize motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Recognize common treatments for Parkinson’s disease
- Understand the difference between Parkinson’s disease and Parkinson’s plus syndromes
- Understand the stages of Parkinson’s disease and the associated functional concerns
- Recognize factors associated with freezing of gait and strategies to help reduce freezing and destination of gait
- Recognize evaluation tools that may be helpful to focus treatment plans
- Understand cognitive changes associated with Parkinson’s disease
- Understand the importance and implications of vision testing
Ann Zylstra, PT is the Manager of Rehabilitation Services at Evergreen Hospital and Medical Center. She has been practicing Physical Therapy for 27 years specializing in neurologic rehabilitation including Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis. Ann has been with the Booth Gardner Parkinson’s Center since its formation in 2000. The Booth Gardner Parkinson Center is a National… Continue reading BIO: Parkinson’s Instructor Ann Zylstra, PT